first record | previous record | next record | last record
full | marc
Record 1 of 1
  Total Requests  0      Unsatisfied Requests  0
You searched Library Catalogue - Author: Paul , Kevin
Call Number (WOU) SP CEMBA 2011 4
Author Ng,Chon Jen
Title Online shopping Malaysia/ Ng Chon Jen
Abstract Internet usage in Malaysia has growing smoothly but a far smaller percentage has made purchases online indeed (Adeline et al. 2006). Malaysia is still in the starting phase when it comes to online retail, which leads to e-commerce in Malaysia still weak and the total online spending in the retail industry for Malaysia is the lowest compared to other Asian countries (comScore 2009). Online shopping has many distinct opportunities and advantages, but the question exits: Why do Internet users avoid online shopping? This study is to identify (i) the situation of online shopping in Malaysia; (ii) to identify the attitudes of Malaysia Internet users’ towards online shopping; and (iii) to identify why Malaysia Internet users do not shop online. From the results of survey, the majority of respondents (96.08%) have ever visited online shopping websites. 3.92% of respondents never visited online shopping websites. More than half respondents (76.47%) trust in online shopping method and with the rest respondents (23.53%) were not to trust online shopping method. But the results showed that regular store shopping is the most preferred purchase method among Internet users life due to it become a kind of Malaysian culture. Besides, the majority of Internet users prefer to use online banking transfer and credit cards and to make their payment, with 57.84% and 56.86% respectively. The most significant factors that influenced Internet users to shop online were “good customer service” (4.21), “product price and quality” (4.20), “after-sales service” (4.13) and “online shopping website providing sufficient product information” (4.13). With regards to the barriers of online shopping adoption, the results indicated that Internet users are agreed with do not physically seen and touch a product, lack of confidence and trust and issues of security and privacy as issues and areas of concern for Internet users. On the other hand, the result of study revealed that hours per week to spend online among Internet users is a useful predictor to predict an increase in online purchase and success to reach more than half of Internet population in Malaysia due to more and more people use their mobile phones and laptop computers to connect to the Internet as well as the number of wireless connections to the Internet. (Nursafuraa 2010). Finally, this study has provided some recommendation to improve the online shopping experience and to reduce the potential barriers for online shopping adoption among Internet users of Malaysia.
Notes Final project report submitted in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the Degree of Master of Business Administration (CeMBA)
Publisher/Year Penang : School of Business and Administration, Wawasan Open University, 2011
Physical Description 133 p.; 30 cm.
Subject Wawasan Open University -- Dissertations
Subject Teleshopping -- Malaysia

Advanced searchTips
 Words: Search type:
Database: Library Catalogue
Location Filter:
All Libraries
WOU Main Library
RC Ipoh Library
RC Johor Bahru Library
RC Kuala Lumpur Library
RC Kuching Library
DISTED Main Library
DISTED Hospitality Library